amiralamb@msn.com

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Holistic Hottie™: Oh Baby, I Like It Raw (Part 1)

This weekend I attended the New York Yoga & Raw Foods Expo. I didn't get a chance to attend any of the lectures but I managed to pick up a few books, a spiralizer (so I can make spaghetti out of zucchinis!) and an awesome salad dressing by a new company called Zukay Live Foods.

My plans for the new spiralizer and dressing:

Sweet Onion, Basil & Tomato Chicken served over "Spaghetti"

- 1 green zucchini & 1 small yellow zucchini spiralized into noodles (video demo)
- Sun-dried tomatoes (washed, soaked overnight, then flash-boiled) or fresh tomato slices
- Chicken grilled with red onions and fresh garlic in organic extra-virgin olive oil

I'll toss this with Zukay Live Food's Sweet Onion Basil Dressing (ingredients: organic sweet onion, water, organic turnip, organic garlic, celtic sea salt, basil, pepper, live active culture )

I might add colored bell peppers or sprouts for decoration. I'll probably go with crunchy sprouts and serve the dish over a bed of leafy greens.

Before signing off, I'd like to rave about the dressing which is:
  • 5 calories per serving
  • 100% raw and fermented - so it's a natural probiotic!
  • free of added sugars or oils
  • available in carrot ginger, cucumber mint, red pepper cilantro, & sweet onion basil
  • delicious. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. This looks absolutely amazing. I can't wait until my garden starts to burst with zucchini! I'll be trying this for sure.

    ReplyDelete